Online degree programs are not without merits. This is true in so far as you are able to identify and then follow genuine degree programs offered online. So take the trouble to verify the background of educational institutions that offer the online courses.
Register for online accredited degrees only. You can get employed with a genuine online degree.
Online courses are either the entire degree programs offered online or combined with attending classes on campus during the weekends or
intensive course at the end of each year until the degree is completed. Examinations are usually taken on campus.
studying this way is cheaper in terms of time and money.
It is believed that the popularity of online degrees may surpass that of attending courses full-time. Wait and see whether this will become a fact.
Courses offered Online
1. An online degree is an academic degree earned through the use of an Internet-connected computer.
2. A college degree
3. Can follow high school diplomas and non-degree certificate programs
4. People can earn their degree while working
5. Online colleges award associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees.
Due to the high number of online universities or colleges, you may find it difficult to determine which offer genuine courses and which ones offer
dubious degree courses or diplomas.
Avoid degree mills that offer fake degrees. Obtain proof of accreditation before enrolling.
Institutions of higher education are required to ensure that the degrees or diplomas they offer meet acceptable levels of quality. This is also required of online universities or universities that offer both online and on campus courses. If they fail to do this, sooner or later, the authorities will come around knocking at their doors.
Acceptance by Employers
Acceptance vary from employer to employer and from industry to industry. A lot of employers still prefer to hire candidates with on-campus degrees. But the competition posed by online degrees is not going away. More and more employers are hiring people with degrees earned online. A few refuse to hire people with online degree qualification.
Many employers found that employees with online degrees performed better on the job. In many cases, the quality of performance is indistinguishable.
Online degrees are here to stay.
Convenience offered by Online Degree Programs
The acceptance of online degrees will increase as time passes. This method of getting qualified suits people such as -
1. Individuals with physical disabilities
2. Full-time employees who are too busy to attend full time courses
3. Soldiers and people living abroad
4. Unemployed or work-at-home parents
These are usually referred as distance education or distance learning.
Method of Learning is Cheaper
Learning is done in two ways,
1. Web conferencing or video conferencing where participants are "present" at the same time, and
2. Participants individually access course materials according to their own particular schedules
The cost of higher education is high in which case distance learning is a good alternative. Transportation and / or accommodation expenses are
no longer incurred or if incurred, the amount is very much lower.
Problems in learning online degree programs
1. Domestic distractions
2. Unreliable technology
3. Unfamiliar with the use of new technology
4. Very little contact between students and teachers
5. Less effective support services
As an Employer
As an employer, you may hire a candidate with an online degree or diploma provided it is awarded by an accredited university offering accredited online degree and diplomas.