HR Manager Job Description
This briefly explains the HR Manager Job Description. It may vary from organization to organization. This is so since the type of the employer's business is a relevant consideration when preparing and finalizing job descriptions.
Make the Job Description HR Manager more Relevant
Ensure that the Human Resource function is truly relevant to the strategic intent of employees' jobs. This ensure alignment alignment of the HR function to your organization's overall plan.
By doing this, you ensure the relevance of the HR Manager job description.
An HR Manager job description is, without question, closely related to the performance of the various duties and responsibilities under the HR function such as:
- Human Resource planning
- Employee recruitment and selection
- Employment laws compliance
- Compensation and incentives
- Staff Counseling and Coaching
- Occupational safety and health at work
- Industrial Relations or Employee relations
- Organisational development
- Employee training and development
- Performance management
The HR Manager Job Description: Duties and Responsibilities
In order to ensure that you, as the HR Manager or HR Head, will become part of the organization's corporate planning team, you need to demonstrate that you can perform the following:
- Play a significant role in the development and implementation of corporate strategy. This forms part of your capability in translating business strategies into HR strategies.
- Analyse the internal and external environments in order to identify factors that can have negative impacts and to find ways to prevent their occurrence or limit their effects.
- Ensure that there is cooperation between the HR function and line management. This helps in anticipating HR needs in the immediate, medium-term and long-term.
- Identify and implementing the right technology such as HRIS to drive the business strategy of the organization.
- Ensure that anti-discrimination legislation and other employment legislation are followed.
- Understand and implement accepted principles of learning in the process of planning, conducting and evaluating training and development programs. Doing this will help your people to learn effectively and a favourable ROI of training budget supports these programs.
- Help managers motivate their subordinates to perform their jobs to the standards expected.
- Ensure that there is a systematic approach to compensation management to support the business strategy.
- Promote and create awareness among management and employees on the importance of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Help your management team and supervisors to effectively manage diversity in the workplace.
- Handle all negotiations with unions or acting in an advisory role to operating managers in industrial matters
- Help the organization in finding or formulating effective HR strategies when it decides to expand its business operations worldwide.
Ensure that Human Resource Manager job description reflect its strategic relationship to the organizational business plan.
When developing or reviewing job descriptions, keep in mind the strategic role of human resources.
Link to my eBookstore at Amazon.com
To Home Page