The Important Aspects Of Appointment
Empowering People to Drive Productivity
A proper appointment of employees will contain the important terms and conditions that
govern the relationship between employer and employee.
Any term or
condition that is not stated in this letter are either implied or the
letter incorporates terms and conditions stated in the employee
It is easier to deal with employment issues if your organization has formulated and implemented policies on employment.
Using the right terminology when preparing these types of letters helps a lot. Words change in meaning depending on the context in which words are used. Refer to your in-house legal person. Further to this, laws are constantly changing including in the area of recruitment.
If used by itself, this word refers to the prior arrangement that you make such as that before you see a dentist or a doctor or a key person in an organization.
In the public sector, the word refers to the selection of a particular person and the letter stating a new employee's duties and responsibilities of a certain government position.
Wikipedia states that the word is "used to describe a system of selecting candidates in which the choice is made by an individual or panel rather than by a poll of the populace in general (election), or through random selection (allotment/sortition) as used to select juries."
"Letter of Appointment" is Preferred
As an Employee
When referring to the letter offering a successful candidate a job, it is preferable to use "letter of appointment" or some other phrase to describe this letter or document. As explained by Wikipedia, an individual or a panel may have made the selection of the candidate for a vacant job.
Consider these. What you need to if you want to work in another division, department or section? The letter issued by the employee is a redeployment letter. If the employer decides to change the place of work of an employee, the letter issued is either a secondment letter or an offer of a new position or a promotion.
- What action will you take if you are not given any such letter even after you have reported for duty?
An administrator will have to know the following:The situation under which employees are required to work on shift.
The procedure involved
How to prepare this document look like?
Updating oneself on important employment matters such as fundamental and implied terms, industrial relations and disciplinary rules and regulations is essential.
- The difference between acting in a job and covering a job?
When preparing important documents, it is advisable to understand the right meaning of terminology in its context before inserting it in such documents.
Get things right from the beginning. The time spent now will help to prevent difficulties later on. This is time and cost saved.
This is especially crucial in the case of appointment of CEOs.
- THAT an appointment letter contains terms and conditions that are closely connected to the level, the duties and responsibilities of the position, and the activities carried out by the employer;
- THAT newly appointed employees need to undergo probation to prove that they are fit for their respective job. Service of the employee under probation will come to an end upon failing to demonstrate suitability, ability or competence on the job;
- THAT new employees are not automatically confirmed in service after the end of the probation period;
- THAT the service of any employee is subject to termination for misconduct, criminal in nature or not. However, Retirement is included as one of the ways employment is terminated. Employees leave upon reaching a certain age.
- THAT the employer cannot stop employees from resigning their position, while still on probation or after confirmation in service. However, you can implement measures such as incentives to encourage them to stay.
My aStore LINK
To Home Page